Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Lumberjanes: Beware the Holy Kitten

Image from www.boom-studios.com
As I've posted about before, graphic novels are one of my favorite things to read. When I saw the Lumberjanes comics at Hastings, I knew that I had to get a copy of the first few comic books!

Lumberjanes: Beware the Holy Kitten is the published collection of the first four Lumberjanes comic books. Set at a summer camp for "Hardcore Lady Types," Lumberjanes introduces the readers to an assortment of rad girls: Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley.

From the very beginning of the first chapter, it is clear that this summer camp is not your typical summer camp. Magical creatures and items pop up everywhere, and the girls find themselves in crazy and amazing situations. By using the Lumberjane's motto-- "Friendship to the max!"-- the girls find ways to conquer magical wolves, explore ancient ruins, and solve puzzling riddles. There appears to be something lurking in the forest, waiting to be discovered.

Overall, Lumberjanes has a great story. I also love the artwork that goes with it. Each of the characters is so uniquely brought to life through art and words. I'm very excited to continue reading this series and putting all of the puzzle pieces together.

I'd give Lumberjanes a 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment