Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Image source
Karou is a girl raised by a race of Chimera hunting for teeth to help create troops against an army of angels. But when deadly enemies burn the doorways that connect worlds, only a wishbone makes it out- a wishbone and a dire urge to solve the mystery behind wishes and the eye tattoos on her hand. A romance from beyond the barriers of reality, a secret intombed in hope, and a winged monstrosity lightly sprinkled in sugar- all of these collide in the razzle-dazzle, climactic adventures of Karou in The Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

My review of the book is an A+. The descriptions were good, and the veiled suspense was handled well. Also, the romance of the story was at the perfect balance of overdone and relevant so that it felt real enough even me, the hater of Thomas and Teresa in Maze Runner, would agree that the romantic elements of the story were essential to the plot. I would say that it was a bit too PG-18 for me in some bits, but again, the perfect balance so that it didn’t feel like I was in an R-rated movie (if I were, I would want Tina Fey to be in it. And Amy Poehler. Okay, I want to be in Sisters. Sue me.) and more as if the author realized that this was a book about adults and this is how they would behave.The only thing is the flashbacks to Madrigal- They could have been shorter, better, and packed more info into less space. I almost skimmed through them. But otherwise, I'd give it 4.5/5 stars!


Thank you for reading this! Have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment