Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Slave Dancer: by Paula Fox

Image from Amazon.com
Jesse Bollier was heading down to get some groceries for his mother... but on the way, he was kidnapped! When the canvas bag is pulled off of his head, it is revealed that he is on a ship. Purvis, a crewman, tells Jesse that he'll be playing his fife for kings and princes, but the sick reality is that he's really on a slave ship, and that he has to play to make sure the slaves don't die.

I personally liked the book. By all means, it wasn't my favorite [I was kinda forced to read it...], but it was still good. It had an interesting plot, and I actually thought it was real for a while [it isn't, it's just historical fiction].

I had a few problems with it, one being that it was kinda hard to keep up with the characters and who was who and what their motive was... seriously, how did the guy who befriended Jesse turn into a total jerk?

Either way... it was kind of confusing, but overall a good book.
I give it 3.5/5 stars.
Image result for 3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment